The Bottom Line
Excellent book for Cheerleaders, coaches or anyone wanting to be either. It clearly defines and explains the many things involved in chants, cheers and jumps. Gives you a good, strong foundation.
- Easy to Read and Understand
- Tips, Exercises and Interesting Facts
- Upbeat, Enthusiastic, and Inspiring
- Chapter One covers a brief history on the sport of Cheerleading.
- Chapter Two introduces you to the different aspects of chants.
- Chapter Three advances you into cheers and the basic choreography of them.
- Chapter Four outlines the importance of jumps and how to execute them. Explains different jumps.
- Chapter Five covers creating your own cheers and chants. Encourages creativity.
- The book ends with a glossary of terms and Internet resources.
Guide Review - Chants, Cheers and Jumps by Craig Peters
Chants, Cheers and Jumps by Craig Peters is an excellent book for anyone wanting to be a Cheerleader or even if you are already one. There's no denying the importance of a strong foundation in cheering. This book will teach you the basics of chants, cheers and jumps and allow you to build on a good, solid foundation. It is definitely a must have for any cheerleader or coach. Part of a twelve volume set from the Let's Go Team: Cheer, Dance and March series published by Mason Crest.