Cheerleading, an Olympic Sport?
On Norman's list of reasons to include golf was its global demographics. Well, cheerleading is definitely appealing globally. Not to mention, a bit more exciting to watch (my apologies to all golfers). So, I've put together the top ten reasons why I think cheerleading should be an Olympic sport.
Top Ten Reasons Why Cheerleading Should be an Olympic Sport...
- All other Olympic sports could have their own official cheerleaders.
- It could definitely be a coed sport.
- There would never be a shortage of judges. Most men would kill for this job.
- Language shouldn't be problem; how many ways can you say "Go, Team, Go?"
- There would never be a need to drug test; cheerleaders are always smiling.
- Rich countries wouldn't have an advantage; how many uniforms does a squad need?
- It's easier to spell than gymnastics.
- It could go either way, Winter or Summer.
- No special equipment is needed, just give them some ground.
- Pom Poms are cheaper than pole vaults.
Seriously though, what do
you think? Are we on to something here?
Take Our Poll - Should Cheerleading be an Olympic Event?
*graphics courtesy of Clickart and Valerie