You've made the decision to be a Cheerleader. You've practiced and you've gotten in shape. You're mentally and physically prepared. The day of try outs is here, now what?
- Get plenty of sleep the night before.
- Be confident. If you've practiced and worked hard up to this point, then you should be ready. Believe in yourself.
- Keep your hair away from your face.
- Don't wear jewelry. Don't chew gum.
- Don't wear a lot of makeup.
- Wear your school colors.
- Take slow, deep breaths to calm and relax yourself.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Have a good attitude. Help others. Don't play around with your friends or talk too much.
- Smile. Smile. Smile.
- Be peppy and energetic. Show your enthusiasm.
- Use facial expressions.
- Look up. Never look down or at the floor. Make eye contact with the judges.
- Make your motions sharp and snappy.
- Don't sing your cheers. Use a loud, clear voice. Be careful not to rush them. Take your time.
- Point your toes.
- Land with your feet together.
- If you make a mistake, go on. Don't stop and stress over it. Use the opportunity to show you can recover from a mistake.
- Have fun and let it show.
We have a wonderful Cheerleading community in our forum, stop by there, ask questions, and share your Cheerleading try out tips and advice.