The Bottom Line
I believe that the key to using "The Mental Game of Cheerleading: Training for Competitions" is to realize that our mind controls a lot of what happens with our bodies. Whether it's fear or anxiety; mental blocks or low self confidence; what we think affects how we act and more importantly how we perform. If your goal is to be successful in the sport of cheerleading, you have to understand how much the mental aspect contributes to the outcome. And these are the reasons I highly recommend this program to all cheerleaders and coaches.
- Written and presented by an experienced peak performance psychologist
- Available as an instant download or as a mailed 2-CD program
- Includes a 40 page workbook
- Improves your mental game
- 100% money back guarantee
- Might be considered a bit pricey, but considering the lessons, I think it's money well spent
- CD#1: How your brain and body respond to pressure in high stakes events. Why it isn’t always good to “try harder!”
- CD#1: 4 ways to reduce anxiety and improve focus. How to minimize distractions. Tricks to achieve calm, focused confidence.
- CD#1: Powerful calming strategies used by Olympic athletes!
- CD#2: How to let go of set-backs and mistakes. How to get back on track when distracted. How to control unwanted emotions.
- CD#2: Program your brain to perform the way you want. How to identify and change self-defeating thinking. And much more.
- 40 page workbook included. You can assess your progress every step of the way by using the many worksheets in your book.
- Can be played and listened to over and over again. Can be downloaded to iPods or MP3 players.
- Written and presented by an experienced and knowledgeable peak performance psychologist with 30 years in the field.
Guide Review - The Mental Game of Cheerleading Training for Competitions by Pamela Enders, PhD.
I was totally impressed with this 2-CD program which provides you "with everything you need to break through barriers, immediately improve concentration, eliminate distractions, and transform your performance." Written and presented by Pamela Enders, PhD., a peak performance psychologist on the faculty of Harvard Medical School, these CDs help you learn to make your body do what you want it to do, relieve tension, reach your potential and break through fears and negative thinking. Keeping in mind that some say 50-90% of success in high level sports is attributed to mental factors, the importance of winning the mental game in cheerleading can not be stressed enough. Whether you're a coach or a cheerleader, I strongly believe this program will help you reach your peak performance level. Available either as an instant download (MP3) or as a mailed CD program, "The Mental Game of Cheerleading: Training for Competitions" is an investment in yourself.